Sep 26, 2008

Blog it!

Longevity – what does the name mean to you? To me, it means the power of healthy living. It’s all about empowerment, and embracing life, whatever challenge it throws at you, be it health, physical, spiritual or emotional.
I am lucky to be a part of this world. As the features Ed of this health and wellness magazine, I am a part of something, learning and growing on a daily basis.
The drive to embrace your health, both physically and emotionally – is no longer a trend. It is a state of being and it is awesome to be part of this.
I have always loved words, the way they flow together and what they can achieve. Words can cut deeper than a knife, and heal better than the most skilled surgeon. But what makes words powerful, is the meaning behind them. It is this mission that we, the team behind the name Longevity Magazine, have been tasked with – gathering the best experts in their chosen fields, speaking to those who have actually lived and experienced what we are talking about, researching and relating that research to you in an accessible manner. We have a daily responsibility to ensure that we provide the best, most up-to-date and credible information in the best and most entertaining manner we can. And, ultimately, it is great fun...
Now, you are invited to become part of this journey and this process. I have always been taught that as a journalist, you should try to be unbiased, provide all sides of the story and give your reader the information so that you can make your own choices and opinions – it’s about empowerment really.
And yes, my style does come through on the magazine pages, and I have let you see a glimpse of who I am. But now, you get to know me, who I am, my thoughts, emotions and passions as I share what I find interesting (and I hope you will too).
A little deeper insight into the process behind what we do – those things that we are not always able to share on the pages of the magazine.
And, hopefully, you will learn something as well, perhaps a tidbit of info that will be of benefit to you and the health and wellness of your own family.
But this is not a one-sided relationship, and I need your input, your advice, tips and comments that you want to share…
Let the blogging begin

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home